The communications team is comprised of the brave souls that make sure every man, woman, and child knows about Con-Jikan and all it has to offer. Whether you prefer old-fashioned print advertising or new-fangled search engine optimization, there’s a place on the team here for anyone who wants to get the wold out!
This position puts you in charge of creating and maintaining our web portal, i.e. our website!. We’ll be using WordPress for this, so don’t worry if you aren’t a master coder. Essentially, you’ll just be writing out descriptions for the various activities on our website, designing them so that they look good, and posting news updates!
- Experience using WordPress or other content management systems
- A strong written communication skillset
- A solid computing background and an eye for effective design
Like social media? Of course you do. Here you’ll be in charge of our Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and other B2C accounts in order to build up buzz about the convention. Share cool stuff, ask questions, and try to really engage with our audience! It’s textbook stuf, but it requires a continuous time commitment and a strong loyalty to our customers and the Con-Jikan brand.
- An engaging personality and frequent access to your personal computer
- A talent for writing good copy that’s naturally sharable
- Some graphic design experience a major plus
As program manager, you’ll be responsible for translating our schedule into print, and all the design process that goes along with it. You will follow up with programming departments to ensure that the program contains the most up-to-date information and execute the printing of our program through our local printer.
- A strong sense of visual design and experience working with Adobe InDesign or Microsoft Publisher
- A keen attention to detail and organizational ability
- A powerful grammar muscle for editing and QC
GuideBook is an app for Android and iOS that allow con attendees to get up-to-date information on panels, screenings, and other events. As GuideBook Manager, you’ll be in charge of creating and maintaining the GuideBook. To do this, you’ll work closely with the program manager to translate the program into digital form.
- Familiarity with mobile and tablet operating systems.
- A neat and concise writing style — GuideBook descriptions should be short and sweet
- A smartphone or other Guidebook compatible device, so you can make sure your work looks good
Print Advertising Manager
Rumors of the death of print have been highly exaggerated. As print advertising manager, you’ll negotiate with various print publications and printers to acquire ad space for Con-Jikan. In addition, you’ll be tasked with writing copy, designing ads, and writing press releases! An excellent choice for any budding Madison Avenue exec!
- Experience with writing and a powerful grammar muscle
- Previous work in design or publishing; or a strong willingness to learn the trade
- A daily routine that involves blogroll, newspaper, or other periodical consumption
One of the key positions in Con-Jikan’s hierarchical structure, the Online Advertising Manager is tasked with ensuring Con-Jikan’s website and social media are Search-Engine-Optimized. In addition, you must communicate best SEO practices throughout the departments and gauge traffic to our web presences.
- Web development experience and SEO know-how
- Strong familiarity with the web, advertising, and related topics
- Willingness to learn and apply new technologies and techniques to Con-Jikan’s brand