Our ops team works with some of the larger notions of running a convention–namely: security, venue relations, and accounting. If you’re keen on reaching into the structure of convention and event planning, then you’ll be happy here!
Con-Jikan happens because volunteers make it so! In this position, you’ll recruit volunteers and onboard them by communicating Con-Jikan’s mission and values so that they’re consistent throughout the organization. Then, you’ll put together a volunteer schedule and communicate people their roles and positions so that the convention runs smoothly.
- Experience in–and comfortableness with–a leadership role
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel and Powerpoint) is necessary
- Must be highly personable, energetic, and bearing a positive attitude.
Live your dream of being a Secret Service agent, except instead of protecting the president you’re protecting Naruto! This position requires that you take a no-nonsense approach to con-goers safety by ensuring a safe experience for those involved. You’re responsible for acting as liaison between the convention and hired security, as well as maintaining rules and regulations set out by the convention.
- A deep understanding of safety rules and precautions, and the reasoning behind them
- Experience handling crises with a cool head
- Some background working in security a big plus
Your main responsibility as Catering Manager is to work with the UNM SUB staff, in addition to our in-house sub-contractors, to determine what kind of food and drink we’ll need for our various events and panels (sorry, no Baja Blast or alcohol). Essentially, once that’s done, all you’ll need to do is follow up with the SUB to make sure everything is in the right room, and that it’s being refilled as demands warrant.
- A strong analytical sense and the ability to organize
- Written and verbal communication skills, as well as a good mind for business
- The ability to follow-up on tasks, ensuring fulfillment
Housing manager in da house! This position places you in negotiation with Con-Jikan’s official hotel; you’re in charge of organizing room blocks for guests, facilitating transportation between the hotel and the convention, and communicating necessary hotel information to various departments.
- The ability to navigate professional business deals
- Written and verbal communication skills, and a strong sense of punctuality
- Customer service-minded personality and a familiarity with hotels and event spaces
This position is in charge of drawing out our corporate money structure, collaborating with the co-chair and nearly every other department head to figure out the overall budget for the convention. A yearlong job that requires you stay abreast of capital costs and outlays to and from the convention… not for the faint of heart!
- Experience working with budgets and finance
- A background in Excel, PayPal, and/or Quickbooks
- A strong attention to detail and a commitment to honesty